SC - OT - "Bob" and the Black Adder - was, Master of the Hall?

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Wed Sep 27 16:25:29 PDT 2000

- --- "Decker, Terry D." <TerryD at Health.State.OK.US>
> wrote:
>Most places over-cook liver and often use beef liver which is strong
>flavored.  Fresh calves liver generally has the best taste and texture.  I
>prefer to fry it quickly in butter (no more than you would a piece of fish)
>in which I have sauted the onions.  Remove the liver to drain and deglaze
>the pan for the sauce.  To flour or not to flour the liver before cooking is
>personal taste, but floured liver makes a thicker sauce.
>
>For my taste, the interior of the liver should be a very light pink and have
>a slightly mealy texture.  Well done, I think liver resembles shoe leather.
>
>Of course, liver is very much a matter of personal taste, so perhaps some
>others will share their recipes and opinions.
>
>Bear

grrrrr.....i'm at work and with a craving for liver now =(.  I follow the same recipe as Bear posted with flour on the _very thin_ , 1/8" at the most, half that if possible, slices of liver.  Use a hot pan and just flip the slices over as soon as the get some color.
When I make the sauce I always add a few pinches of dried sage.
The end result is miles away from any cardboard-flavor.

/Angus, who's got to raid the stores for liver in the morning.

==
If you look at the sun without shielding youreyes you'll go blind.  If you look at the moon without shielding your eyes you'll become a poet.