SC - liver recipe

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Wed Sep 27 18:26:58 PDT 2000

This recipe is used for any liver in my house except chicken livers.

  This has liver, onions and bacon.

   fry the bacon until it is done, then cook the onions, then after
dredging liver in flour, fry it in the bacon/onion fat.

   fry the liver just long enough to get rid of the bright red color.

BTW,  I have found a restaurant in Ithaca that has good liver and onions.
I realized when I went the other night that I think it is because they
treat the liver like steak and ask you how you would like it cooked, rare,
medium rare etc. The name of the restaurant is Manos, I guess it's really a
diner.  Anyway, good food reasonable prices.

A long time ago, Friendly's (as in the ice cream place) in Ithaca used to
make good liver and onions, but I think they took it off the menu.