SC - Removes and Feastocrat

Thu Sep 28 06:24:25 PDT 2000

At 11:38 PM 9/27/00 -0400, you wrote:
>I highly recommend a mixture of the two; my experience is that unless
>you're using an olive oil so light as to make it indistinguishable from
>vegetable oil, in which case there's probably no point in buying it,
>mayo made from all extra-virgin olive oil can have a somewhat heavy, and
>slightly bitter flavor. I prefer half EV olive oil (the thick green
>stuff) and half a lightly flavored (but not flavorless) oil such as
>peanut oil.

I agree with A. here.  I've had good luck with the mayo recipes in "Joy of
Cooking." IIRC, one problem mentioned was not making mayo on a rainy day,
because it won't emulsify (sp?).  The only time the mayo didn't blend was a
rainy day.  Leanna - perverse enough to ruin ingredients experimenting on a
rainy day.