SC - new to list

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 28 13:54:33 PDT 2000

>The House of Aragon controlled both Sicily and Naples from 1442 to 1504,
>when control of both was cede to Spain.  Sicily and Naples were
>inter-related more ofthen than not from the 11th Century on.

Aaaand not one, but TWO people on the list are translating a cookbook
written for the King of Naples, Ferrante (or Fernando, for those of us  who
speak God's good Spanish).  Lady Brighid is planning on making her version
available on the Web; I plan to publish mine as a book.

By the way, here's a liver recipe from it:

Vinagre, Which Is Liver In Sauce

Take onions, and cut them very fine like dice, and sweat them with fat
bacon; then take liver of kid or lamb or goat and cut it into slices the
size of half a nut and fry it gently it with the onion until it loses its
color; then take a large piece of bread toasted and soaked in vinegar; and
grind it well; then thin it with sweet white wine; then put it through a
strainer; then add it to the onions and liver, all together in the
casserole; and add ground cinnamon; and cook it until it is very thick and
when it is done prepare the dishes.

Welcome to the list!

Vicente
(not too fond of liver unless disguised in pate)