SC - blech o crat take two

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Thu Sep 28 20:36:08 PDT 2000

- --- Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com> wrote:
  <snipped from another message>
> >  Though, are you sure you wouldn't rather make a
> lovely pesto instead?  It
> >  really is easy and a spoonful can flavor a whole
> dish. >>

<now, Master A chimes in...>

> Don't forget the garlic and parmaggiano. Actually,
> the pine nuts are
> considered optional, depending on where you are.
> Some versions use
> walnuts and some no nuts at all...
>
> Adamantius

I have also seen a few recipes (authentic??) which
include a bit of fresh spinach leaves (which I find to
be unneccessary), and Romano cheese in place of
Parmesan.  If anyone has (what they believe to be) a
truly authentic recipe for Pesto, please pass it along
privately.  I have seen so many in my career, I can't
for the life of me recall which one is the most
authentic.

Balthazar of Blackmoor