SC - where is everybody?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sat Sep 30 12:45:32 PDT 2000

At 12:13 AM 9/30/00 -0700, you wrote:

>But what we need is not something you would do but something they are
>willing to do. They have a lot of people to feed, limited resources
>to do it with, and have worked out ways that work. To persuade them
>to change to period foods, we need to offer period alternatives that
>aren't much harder than what they are now doing.
>--
>David Friedman

David, you know human nature.  1. They have established ways that work for
them. They're not going to be receptive to change to start with.  2. I am
unaware of any soup recipe, period or not, that won't be more work to
prepare than opening an envelope and pouring it into boiling water. 3.
Someone's suggestion of freezing in advance has already been rejected as
being too bulky/messy.
IMHO, unless there is someone with pride in their camp cooking ability, who
desires to prepare more period offerings wanting to do the job, nothing
suggested on our part will be seriously considered.

Leanna