SC - Arab Measuring Cups:

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Sep 3 16:23:46 PDT 2000

Daniel Raoul said:
> I know I'm coming in late on this but has anyone considered making measures
> in the form of horn cups?   This could be done by making true horn tumblers
> of the proper volumes or just by tipping a horn at the proper volume for
> each measure.  At the very least horn should work well for dry measures.

For anyone who would like to try making them, there are instructions in
these files on cleaning horn and in the case of the horn tumblers, cuttting
it and forming it. In the CRAFTS section:
horn-msg          (96K)  1/ 7/00    Working with horn. drinking horns.
Horn-Spoons-art    (9K)  1/ 5/00    "Making Horn Spoons" by Mistress
Gunnora
                                       Hallakarva.

In the NORSE section:
N-drink-ves-msg    (9K) 10/16/96    Norse drinking vessels.

And lest you distroy all your hard work, check this file in the
FOOD-UTENSILS section:
horn-utn-care-msg  (6K)  2/ 1/00    Care of utensils made of horn.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net