SC - LOL and a question.

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Sep 9 00:33:36 PDT 2000

Raoghnailt commented:
>     I was co-feastocrat while nursing a 9-week-old daughter -- I had to take
> over when the feastocrat had to leave on a ski trip the morning of the
> feast.  She did the buying and togehter we did some pre-cooking and prep
> work.  It was a hassle -- I set up a corner of the kitchen for the 3 nursing
> moms and I cooked in my chemise.

Nisha,

You might find some of the non-cooking files in my Florilegium to be
of use to you now and in the near future.
In the CHILDREN section:
pregnancy-msg      (9K)  9/ 3/99    Pregnancy in period. Handling it in
the SCA.
babies-msg       (104K)  7/13/99    Camping with babies.
baby-gifts-msg    (20K)  4/13/98    Period-type and SCA-useful baby gifts.
teething-toys-msg (26K)  6/24/98    Period and SCA teething toys for infants.

And in the CLOTHING section:
clothing-MN-msg   (62K)  9/14/99    Maternity and nursing garb.

I've heard a lot of good comments about making a cloth sling to help
carry the baby around in. A much more period solution than the
plastic basinets and buggies and such. And pretty cheap to make. Details
and instructions should be in the babies-msg file.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net