SC - Bridge Champions Dayboard

Richard Kappler rkappler at home.com
Mon Sep 11 19:13:29 PDT 2000

> Yes!  I would very much like to see the menu!  Can you also include your
> sources?  We can then look up the recipes ourselves.  Thanks!
>
> Etain

Righty-O!  The following is not the menu, but rather the list of stuff I'm
test cooking this week and weekend from which I will select probably about
50% for use in the actual dayboard.  I will have various locally procured
hard cheeses and oranges, the White Sals (yoghurt) recipe Ras and I were
discussing, the 'chicken sausage' Ras taught me and that was recently
discussed here, as well as another sausage recipe or two as of yet
undecided.  If the dish listed below is followed by '~' that means I might
or might not include it depending on how the test cooking goes, if not its
in.  My choice of 'pasties' from the following list will mostly be decided
by many of the things we have discussed here in the 'TI Article' thread as
well as what the local weather prognosticator is guessing will happen that
day (ie: hot/cold, rainy/dry, etc).  I am fortunate in having a liberal
Autocrat who is letting me go to the last minute before finalizing the menu
as well as access to the a pretty reliable Navy meteorologist.  So, here we
go:

_Cury on Inglische_
Chyches

_Platina_
Almond Fricatelle ~
Another Crust with Tame Creatures ~
Custard Tart ~
Bread
Canisiones ~

_Two Fifteenth Century Cookbooks_
Cryspes ~
Chawettys ~
Herbelade ~
Crustade ~
Flampoyntes Bake ~
Pork Doucetty ~
Flathonys ~
Alows de Beef ~

_Pleyn Delit_
Pies of Parys ~

_Le Menagier_
Mushroom Pastries
Spinach Tart
Hippocras

_Andalus_
Cheese and Flour Cake
Murakkaba ~
Cakes with Honey
Dafair ~
Sikanjabin

_Al Baghdadi_
Hais ~
Khushkananaj ~

Platt
Prinz Bisket

_Ancient Cookery_
Tart on Ember Day ~
A Flaune of Almayne ~

_Digby_
Mead

_Das Buch von Guter Spise_
Ruzzige Cake

For the folks new to the list, don't be aghast at the number of sources
here.  With the exception of Platina, Cury on Inglische and Pleyn Delit all
of these sources are available in Duke Sir Cariadoc's two volume collection
of cookbooks for a modest price.  Additionally, most of these recipe are
also available in His Grace's Miscellany.

regards, Puck