SC - TI Article - Support Kitchen

Richard Kappler rkappler at home.com
Tue Sep 12 18:53:20 PDT 2000

> I'm going to go slither off and have my periodic 'why the hell am I in
> this game anyway?' crisis.
>
> 'Lainie

'Lainie honey, far be it from me to stand up for you instead of taking
potshots, besides, you know how jealous Seaumus gets, but I don't see as you
have anything to apologize for or slither off about.  I for one stated my
opinion in a clear, concise (or at least I thought) manner, adding what I
was doing to support the fighters as well as the other gentles that will be
attending our local Champions event in a few days.  I'm not quite sure how
it came about that nobody was providing information based on experience etc
etc as has been said, but I even provided some 25 or 30 examples of period
food that fit the bill.  In fact, in a (period) nutshell, what I did was
state my opinion, as folk do on a discussion list.  I stated an opinion
about food.  On a food discussion list.  I stated opinion about a food
article in a Society publication on an unofficial (I think) Society food
discussion list.  I for one will not apologize for that, I have spent the
last twenty years defending my, and your, right to state our opinions, and
so you shouldn't have to either.  But if it'll make you feel better, go
ahead, slither away.  Better yet, slither on over this way and I'll give you
one of them there patented Puck footrubs and we'll make Marion and Seaumus
jealous.

regards, Puck