SC - Sweet and Savory

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Sep 12 19:24:21 PDT 2000

In a message dated 9/12/00 9:23:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jenne at tulgey.browser.net writes:

<< Foods that  violate the cultural mores that we grew up with, dividing
sweet from
 savory, etc., >>

Ham (savory) with pineapple (sweet)
Pork (savory) served with applesauce (sweet)
Hotdog (savory) served with relish (sweet)
Beef (savory) with barbecue sauce (sweet)
Duck (savory) served with Cherry Sauce (sweet)
Cheddar cheese (savory) with Apple Pie (sweet)
Cottage cheese (savory) with Apple butter (sweet) or pineapple (sweet)
Chicken (savory) with Coleslaw (sweet)
etc.

I do not see dividing sweet from savory as a cultural more in the US.
Especially in those areas where a Pennsylvania Dutch influence is evident.

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol
http://members.aol.com/AbhainnCG/