[mk-cooks] Re: SC - Sausage Recipes

ChannonM at aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Fri Sep 15 14:18:15 PDT 2000

Oops, my quote of my own stuff was wrong-

I wrote in comparing Sabina Weserlin to the redaction of the Platina recipe

<<15 lbs of beef to 8ounces of salt is less than my 22lbs of meat to 18
ounces of salt. >>

Which should have read

15lbs of beef to 8 ounces of salt (Weserlin) compared to 10lbs of meat to 16
ounces salt (Platina original recipe) Our final product was 22lbs of meat to
16 ounces salt, which is closer to the Weserlin recipe. Had I added another
8lbs of meat we would have duplicated the ratio in Weserlin. And even at that
it is still salty, probably more than most could tolerate (except salt
lovers). I must say however, it was exquisite sliced thinly with some Edam
and fresh baked bread, mmmmmmmmmmm!

Hauviette