SC - Meridies-Renaissance faire/SCA demo

Donna Ford evfemia at mail.com
Sat Sep 16 23:22:27 PDT 2000

Please forgive me for going off subject.

The South Eastern Renaissance Faire will run October 14th and 15th,
2000  from 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. each day at Horse Pens 40 just outside
Birmingham, Al.

Free admission for SCA gentles participating in the demo'.  Free
primitive camping for SCA and R.V. hookups available.
Nice camp store with convenience foods, fast foods, beer and spirits.
Modern showers and bathrooms.

DEMO' SCHEDULE Hosted by the Barony of Iron Mountain (Birmingham, Al)

10:30 - 11:00 a.m.  SCA heavy weapons melee

11:30 -  1:00 p.m.  "     "     "     tourney with prize

2:30 - 3:30  p.m.   SCA main stage for dancing, singing, storytellers,
etc.

We will also be coursing the hounds.

We would like to have a rapier tourney if we get enough interested
gentles.  Any takers?

Lots of merchants and Lots of entertainment including the Pendragon
jousters from the Atlanta Ren' faire and the Zucchini Brothers, a
fabulous juggling troupe.  Lots for the kids too.

For more info' contact Lady Evfemia at evfemia at mail.com

Directions:  From Birmingham, Al take I-59 North towards Gadsden about
32 miles.  You will pass a rest stop and take exit #166
(Ashville/Oneonta).  Follow signs to Horse Pens 40 about another 10
miles.

>From Gadsden, Al take I-59 South towards Birmingham about 12 miles.
Take exit #174 (Steele).  Go right off the exit towards Steele and
follow signs to Horse Pens 40 about another 10-15 miles.

This event is up against Meridian Crown List.  But if you're not
fighting this year, come on up and play with us!
- --
evfemia at mail.com
Barony of Iron Mountain, Meridies