SC - Atlanta's Farmer's Markets

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Wed Sep 20 11:22:50 PDT 2000

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:47:33 EDT CorwynWdwd at aol.com writes:
> I've been to the Dekalb Farmer's Market... WHAT A RUSH.. take or plan
> to buy
> a lunch, you'll be there all day<G>. Is there a number or something
> I can
> call to get directions to the International Farmer's Market?

I'm not sure which one you are referring to, but if you mean the huge
State Farmer's Market, coming from the Carolinas, take 85 south through
the city until it connects with 75.  When they split, take 75, and as
soon as you cross the perimeter (285) going south out of town, take the
Forest Park Farmer's Market exit.  The market sits on top of a hill
overlooking the interstate, and requires that you cross back over the
highway and then is on the left.
For the Dekalb Farmer's Market, take 85 south to 285 (this time you are
on the top side of town) and take it to the East.  Get off at E. Ponce de
Leon and go Inside (right turn) for about 2 or 3 miles.  Your Dekalb
Farmer's Market is on the Right.
Happy shopping, we refer to that place as the International House of
Produce!
Christianna