SC - Indulgences

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Wed Sep 20 11:31:48 PDT 2000

> Although I remember one time, Caid was hosting a Board of Directors
meeting in early Spring, smack in the middle of Lent of course.  Why a
nice J.A.P. like me was concerned about Lent, I'll never know, trying to
stay authentic for Medieval Europe I suppose.  What I wound up doing was
having a 'saintly' calligrapher write up a pretty indulgance as a
centerpiece, then served the originally  scheduled menu.
> Selene

I did this last year, I had made a Flathonys in Lent for our Arts and
Sciences Competition as the event was being held later than usual and was
in Lent, when I got there and realized that I had prepared the crust with
butter!  I finally struck on the idea of having fra niccolo write up an
indulgence for me, which forgave my sin.  I placed it alongside the
recipes and documentation.  The judges liked it ;)
Christianna