SC - Insect repellant = sekanjabin

Nicholas Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Thu Sep 21 05:07:04 PDT 2000

<<<<<    PEST FIGHTER  A teaspoon of vinegar for each quart bowl of drinking
    water helps keep your pet free of fleas and ticks.  The ratio of
    one teaspoon to one quart is for a forty pound animal.
. . . . . . . .SNIP . . . . . . . . So, now we have another reason to serve sekanjabin to the fighters: internal bug repellant.

My experience has been that the sugar content outweighs the vinegar benefit.  The sugars from the day's meals leaches out in sweat, thereby attracting the bugs and counteracts the vinegar repelling.   YMMV, of course, but maybe less sugar and more vinegar would help me.  Either way, I just stop eating anythinb sweet by 2pm to avoid buggies at nightfall.  Animals don't eat refined sugar, so have less of an issue with this.  It's incredible what we sweat out of our systems.

I have condsidered LemonBalm and/or Lavender in ointment/balm to ward of biting beasties in light of my sugar-bug magnet problems.

niccolo difrancesco