Was Re: SC - Yorkshire Pudding

Aelfwyn at aol.com Aelfwyn at aol.com
Thu Sep 21 18:27:03 PDT 2000

Master A. queries:

<< Obligatory good research note, which I now feel obliged to insert
 whenever anybody asks a question like this: as a way of learning and
 teaching about period food, is it not better to research period foods
 and find one that you like, rather than trying to make a food which may
 be modern fit a period description? >>

Sigh, the good lady now preparing the Eastern Crown Tourney feast for next
month to be held in our fair Province of Malagentia has been asking ME just
such questions since she learned of the incoming Royals' desire for
authenticity. At first I was getting a bit annoyed, then started to think;
just a couple of years ago I was pestering this List with similar questions.
Now I am researching my menu for the upcoming Harvest Moon feast in my
collection of period-based sources. And the locals are asking ME the
food-related questions. I can only say a hearty thank you to the learned
members of this list for putting up with my learning curve and allowing me to
soak up the copious doses of knowledge you all so freely share with any list
member.
Even more direct food content will follow in my next post as I change the
subject line and offer up my planned menu for Harvest Moon to ask for
opinions.
Many thanks,
Lady Aelfwyn