SC - Archaeologists Recreate Famous King's Entombed Meal

margali margali at 99main.com
Fri Sep 22 05:14:44 PDT 2000

It would be a hoot to get the raw data they are working from, and recreate our
own version of the feast complete with documentation and invite them. We could
pull it off for what, maybe maxing out at 15-20 a person including site fee?

Lessea-
lamb and lentil stew
barley/honey/grape beverage
for sh&ts and giggles, dates, olives, cheese and grapes to have some munchies
onthe side and perhaps a nonalcoholic version of the drink for those who don't
drink.

The lamb pre roasted, call it 2 yearling sheep - I can buy them as babys and
raise them for about 50$american
fennel seed - $.99 at agway for 100 seeds, or about 10 lbs of cleaned fennel
bulbs and about 1 lb dried fennelleaf
elbow grease for raising the fennel - if Rob wants his life to be comfy, he WILL
grow me that fennel!  ;-0
olive oil - I got 1 gallon bertoli extra virgin olive oil for just about $10
barley - last time I priced it at the coop, IIRC it was $.49 a lb for the
holistically grown stuff.

I figure that if I get barley for growing from agway, perhaps 10 lbs or so of
seed[provided it isn't chemically messed with] I acn sprout and malt it, I have
about 30 lbs honey and we can get just about any kind of grape concentrate from
my brewing store [heck, for that matter I can get the malted barley there also!]
so we could probably make 2 13 gallon carboys of the hooch for about $50
american...

What is this $150 a plate crap?

margali