SC - Archaeologists Recreate Famous King's Entombed Meal

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Mon Sep 25 09:47:15 PDT 2000

> << Bear in mind that to archaeologists, the concept of reconstructing a
> specific meal from the results is just 'playing.'  >>
> I find this personally abhorrent. If I were in a position to do so those
> particular archeologists would not be archeologists any longer. Science is
> science.

EXACTLY. Science is Science. Attempting to recreate a meal from the
results of testing the residue that sits in the bottom of
thousands-of-years-old jugs is not Science. Therefore, it isn't someohting
to be taken seriously as a professional activity... If one really wants to
experiement and try to re-create something from it, they can 'play around
with it, but it is clearly playing and not serious.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"And you, to whom adversity has dealt the final blow
With smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go
Turn to, and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain
And like the Mary Ellen Carter, rise again."