SC - science and gameplaying

Richard Kappler rkappler at home.com
Mon Sep 25 17:42:13 PDT 2000

Ras delivered from the Mount:

> There is no room for game playing in science.

I just couldn't help remembering my physics classes.  IIRC physics was, at
that time, considered a science.  Might still be.  The class as a whole was
having a difficult time with mass/velocity/momentum equations, so one of
those horrible people with a piece of paper on their wall decided to let us
'play.'  I finally mastered mass/velocity/momentum equations by figuring out
how fast a gnat would have to be going to stop a Mack truck doing the speed
limit on the interstate.
There were folk who 'played' even more creatively than I, but strangely
enough, we all smoked the exam.

regards, Puck