Flaming? Was - Re: List administrator-Re: SC - Who you callin' an 'abomination'?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Sep 26 07:50:03 PDT 2000

Tara Sersen wrote:

> Did I miss something?  I'm sorry, I didn't read this entire thread (and most
> of it is at home, not here at work,) but, the post to which this refers didn't
> seem inflammatory at all.  It appears to be a statement of concession - the
> term "Kitchen Steward" would not be a good one to co-opt (at least around Eastern/Central
> PA) because it is already used by a large local group in a specific way, and
> would cause confusion.  If the previous context of this thread gave it a different
> connotation, please enlighten me;  But, otherwise, I'm confused.

The construction of it may have (or then again, may not have) been
mildly sarcastic, and given that one party had already taken offense at
remarks about menus that I felt were innocuous enough at the time, it's
possible people were unconsciously looking for offense where none was
intended. Still, we all oughtta be more careful.

Can we talk more about Miracle Whip?

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy