SC - rare foods at feasts-rant

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 27 09:16:29 PDT 2000

We have a formal cook's guild, but we don't always get the bid for the feast
at every event.  We have been "hired out" to do feasts in other Cantons and
Baronies though.

I have personally gone into the kitchens of other cooks at almost every
event I have attended and have lent a hand.  It has given me food for
thought as well as the tummy.

I have a daughter who is a vegetarian.  She is also in her later teens.  If
she does not let the cook know in advance, at her age, then she deals with
what she gets to choose from.  If she were younger, I would (and was) be
responsible for that bit.  As for me, I have a lactose problem and corn
allergy.  They won't kill me, and I love them both.  There is an old saying
that one must choose their battles.  Sometimes the corn wins...

Olwen