SC - Adjustments, ethical or otherwise

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 27 23:49:19 PDT 2000

> > In my own, admittedly very
> > extreme example, had I *not* changed the feast at the last moment we
> > wouldn't have had a feast, we would have had about three dishes and
>nothing
> > in the way of a "main" dish (the two "main" courses were supposed to
>have
> > been prepared ahead of time and were missing ingredients.)  Repairing
>the
> > feast was a process of going through the recipes and going, "we can't do
> > this... we can do this... we can do this, but I'll have to change it
> > some... we can't do this... hmmm... but we have the ingredients for
>*this*
> > instead... o.k.,  we've got the ingredients for 'x' on hand, who
>remembers
> > how to make 'x'?"  Now, this is obviously something that never *should*
> > happen, but it did... and the only way to fix it was to back up and punt
> > ;-)

In this case, the most 'responsible' communication to the populace would be
to announce ASAP that the feast was going to be at variance with the
originally posted feast.  That a new list as accurate as possible under the
circumstances would soon be posted on the kitchen door and at the gate, and
those with concerns due to religion, allergy or other health restriction
should check those resources again before feast, and perhaps consider
selling their feast space if their concerns are severe.

Bonne