SC - rare foods at feasts-rant

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Thu Sep 28 09:13:58 PDT 2000

> Sounds to me as though you're 'cooking it to death.' I brown my liver
> slices quickly, remove to a dish, wilt the onions in the same pan, then add
> water (OK, I never tried stout or burgandy, but you can bet I will) and
> return the liver to the pan.  I then simmer until the liquid thickens and
> the liver is cooked through.  It should be fork tender.  Leanna

Nope. Honestly, my mom (who is an excellent cook) made a large number of
attempts of cooking liver and onions different ways, etc. and I was unable
to eat it. We finally decided it was genetic, as my dad couldn't eat it
either... but thinking about it now, it may actually be connected with a
sinus condition, since when I try to eat liver it tastes exactly like the
taste I get in my mouth when I have a sinus infection.... *sigh*

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"And you, to whom adversity has dealt the final blow
With smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go
Turn to, and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain
And like the Mary Ellen Carter, rise again."