SC - new to list

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Sep 28 11:54:13 PDT 2000

lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

> I am amazed at how quickly, what about 5 years?, a man's name has
> become a girl's name, thanks to Walt Disney Corp. Ariel is a Hebrew
> masculine name, and has been for millennia, meaning "lion of god". An
> odd name for a mermaid.

Ariel is, in theory, the name of an archangel, and they are considered,
by those as gives a hoot about these things, to be sexless spirits. For
that matter, what about all the female Ashleys, Sidneys, and my all-time
favorites, all the occupational surnames used as girls' names. Carter,
Tailor, Sawyer, etc.

Adamantius, who wants a daughter so he can name her Butcher, but whose
lady wife, for some reason, objects
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com