SC - Finally going to cook something period!!!

Marian Deborah Rosenberg Marian.Deborah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu
Fri Sep 1 09:48:33 PDT 2000

Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 18:02:52 -0700
From: flidais at sirius.com
Subject: RE: Re: SC - Finally going to cook something period!!!

I believe the title is Renaissance Recipes in Art, or some such
thing.  Some of the recipes are yummy, whether they are documentable
or not.

flidais

- ---
Do you know the name of the author?
- ---

From: Jenne Heise <jenne at tulgey.browser.net>
Subject: Re: SC - Finally going to cook something period!!!

> << Platina >>
> Platina was not a cook, SFAIK. He was a university professor and he was
> librarian at the Vatican. Oftentimes you see references to 'this person or
> that person' cooks something this or that way. There is no indication in his
> works that he actually cooked himself.

- ---
How odd, I never got the message that is quoted here.

As for Platina being or not being a cook, most of my knowledge of period cooking
comes from this list and having heard him referred to often enough I had filed
him away in my brain as being a cook.
- ---

The orange book on renaissance italian cooking and artists (the recipes
are NOT period) has some biographical material on the italian cooks,
including the guy that Platina got his recipes from. Of course, i can't
remeber th title or anything, and the book is at hme.

- ---
thank you very much.

(reads rest of digest... the ILL people for my school library are going to
*hate* me.)

- -M