SC - Re: Food Processors and the lists Opinion

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Mon Sep 4 18:09:21 PDT 2000

Get the kitchen aid.    Are you talking about the food processor or the
mixer and then buying attachments?  We have had our kitchen aid mixer for
27 years and we love it, we have almost every attachment they made for it.
The only thing I was never completely happy with it about was making bread
with the dough hook.  You still have to kneed the bread a lot, etc so it
almost isn't worth making bread in it.

You could call kitchen aid and find out where near you they sell
attachments.  I don't remember where you are from, but here you can buy
attachments at Boscov's department store, Bon-Ton (very high price
department store) also I think Sam's club and walmart have some attachments
and I am pretty sure walmart was selling kitchen aids.  On other place for
attachments, in Junius, NY right off the East/West thruway there is a
kithen store that sells attachments cheaper than other place.  I think some
of them are refurbished.

Somebody recommended the Oster Kitchen center, Oster doesn't make those
anymore, which is too bad.  I have one of those too, inherited it from my
mother.  I didn't know you could make sausage with it, but you can make ice
cream, and also bread with it, it has two dough hooks and works a lot
better than kitchen aid for    kneeding the dough.  Unfortunately my mom
used her's so much that I think it is missing a couple of speeds in the
dial thing that is on ours.

But like I said above, you can do almost everything with the kitchen aid,
there is a grain grinder that you can buy to grind grain, we use it to
grind coffee and wheat mostly.  We just absolutely
love....love....love....our kitchen aid!

Oh and there is an attachment, very pricey though $99 for making pasta, it
looks a lot like that atlas pasta maker except no more handle cranking!  I
think it's in CHEF catalog, an amazing thing though.

	Angeline