SC -

Marian Deborah Rosenberg Marian.Deborah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu
Tue Sep 5 19:36:02 PDT 2000

Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 01:09:40 +0200
From: TG <gloning at Mailer.Uni-Marburg.DE>
Subject: Re: SC - Bartolomeo Sacchi, called Platina

>   I've decided I'm going to use Platina as the figure for my paper, even if he
> isn't a cook per se, he is someone who I can get a sufficient amount of info
on
> to write a paper (and he looks like he'll be interesting to read about).
> Other than Milham's translation of De Honustae Voluptae... (On Right Good
> Health and Pleasure) can people here suggest any books I may want to look
into?

Here are some bibliographical notes on Platina and his culinary source,
Maestro Martino:

Beck, L.N.: Praise is due Bartolomeo Platina. A note on the
librarian-author of the first cookbook. In: Quarterly Journal of the
Library of Congress 32 (1975) 238-253.
<snip>

- ---
I for one am ridiculously impressed.  I have been searching the school library's
resources all day and, while I've doen some fascinating tangents, come up with
nothing other than he was the first Vatican librarian and he wrote De Honesta
Voluptae...

thank you soooo much...

- -M

(the internet as an actual learning resource... wow, I don't think I've *ever*
done that :):):):)!)