SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #2573

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 8 06:35:44 PDT 2000

>I wonder - In Mediterranean Seafood, tellina is given as the Italian name
>of
>the wedge shell (Donax trunculus). Would that be it?
>
>Nanna
Bingo!  Although the cookbook is in either Catalan or Castilian, depending
on the edition, it was written for King Ferrante of Naples.  It makes sense
that De Nola would have used an Italian name for a local shellfish.

Now I just need to figure out what "nueces de jarque" are - some sort of
spice, I think.

Vicente

(back to the books)