SC - A Chicken dish from al-Baghdadi

Kerri Canepa kerric at pobox.alaska.net
Sat Sep 9 10:57:37 PDT 2000

Wadji and Anahita,

>Ahh, how much sesame oil and vinegar, please?

I figured someone would ask that question AFTER I splashed the oil and sprinkled
the vinegar. Sorry!

If I had to guess, about 1/4 cup of oil and 2 tbsp of vinegar.

>Here i assume you use the light sesame oil, not the roasted kind
>that's used in Chinese and Korean cooking. Would be good to specify,
>cuz the two kinds taste *real* different and some folks might only
>find the roasted kind in the supermarket.

Seeing as how I was at someone else's kitchen, the sesame oil that was available
was the roasted variety. The flavor would definitely be different with a light
sesame oil.

Also, for the same reasons, the vinegar available was rice vinegar. It was not
as bitey as other vinegars and slightly sweetened so using almost any other kind
of vinegar (except balsalmic) with produce a stronger flavor. You'd probably
want to use less of it as well.

Cedrin