SC - TI Article - Support Kitchen

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Sep 11 15:57:33 PDT 2000

Morgan Cain wrote:

> I was reacting to the original nasty letters about the article.  Yes, the discussion has evolved somewhat, but I don't think it has turned from its harsh origins and the negative comments of those who looked only at the fact that there were no period foods included, instead of at the tenor of the article as a whole.  And who keep ignoring my statements that IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE, you can write your own article telling how you feed fighters period foodstuffs at a War -- not carrying lunch over during a day event, not meals, and not an opinion of How Things Should Be.  Facts, experiences, solid information.

Okay everybody- I am now Officially Sorry I Ever Started This Thread.

I just re-read my original post. I asked if anyone else was
disappointed, especially about lack of period content. I don't consider
it to be particularly nasty. But it grew like Topsy from there.

A number of people have repeatedly said things like "Gee- we don't do
that here- our fighters feed themselves", so we can't give you examples
of experience in feeding the army. Clearly things are different in
Calontir.

But this is a Cooks list- a list that spans the Knowne World, not just
one or two Kingdoms- not a fighter's list or a discussion on how to
create cameraderie- and no one should be surprised to find us focussing
on the food-related items in the article- that is what we do.

And if we don't at least have a vision of How Things Should Be, I'm
going home. Because we will accomplish little if we don't have a goal or
at least a sense of direction. To not be constantly striving for
something better is stagnation at best.

I'm going to go slither off and have my periodic 'why the hell am I in
this game anyway?' crisis.

'Lainie