SC - GIFILLTE FISH QUESTION

Casey O'Donovan DO26 at cornell.edu
Wed Sep 13 05:35:27 PDT 2000

Philipa,

I would suggest that if you are going to freeze this much material, you might
want to look into a vacuum sealing device. Cheaper models can be found all over
the internet and in most kitchen appliance stores. While this by no means will
allow you to store your fish indefinately, it will allow it to keep for a longer
period of time in the freezer.

Another solution would be canning. Most of the cooks that I have seen making
gifillte fish have canned their surplus in mason jars.

Hope this helps...

Sean O'Donovan
AEthelmearc

>>> <Seton1355 at aol.com> 8:24:00 AM 9/13/2000 >>>
I have the oportunity to get fish to make gifillte fish.  The only problem is
that I would have to get 30 pounds of it.  My question:
If I make up the gifilte fish mixture can I then wrap portions of it securely
in platsic wrap and then store it in a plastic bag in the freezer until I
need a portion.
I was thinking this would work because they sell raw gifillte fish loaf at
the supermarket.  You cook it at home.
What do you think?
Thanks,
Phillipa