SC - Quiche

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Sep 13 18:31:42 PDT 2000

Karen O wrote:

>     JOHN  WAYNE  QUICHE
>
>     One crust pie shell
>     1 cup  each grated Monterey Jack &  Sharp Cheddar cheese
>     8 oz  diced green chiles  (or hotter if you like)
>     1 small onion chopped
>     6 eggs
>     2 cups  half & half
>     1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
>
>     Sprinkle cheeses, onion & chiles into pie shell.  Beat eggs well, adding
> half & half, and pepper.   Bake uncovered in 425F oven for 15 minutes.
>
>     Reduce oven temp to 325F and continue to bake until knife inserted
> halfway between center & edge comes out clean  (maybe another 30 min)  Let
> stand before slicing.

You realize, of course, you've lent extreme credence to the words of an
actor named Tracy Walters in the 80's movie "Repo Man", concerning the
masculinity of John  Wayne, or the alleged lack thereof.

Now leave me to finish my ouefs en vol-au-vent demiglaze, or I'll tear
yer arm off ;  ) . I hate it when my fingerbowl water gets tepid.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com