SC - Re: order of service of a meal

Gaylin J. Walli gwalli at ptc.com
Thu Sep 14 06:45:34 PDT 2000

Phillipa asked:

>  >  Does a meal ALWAYS start with wine?

It does in my house. :)

Another good source other than the 2 15th Cent that
Rudd Rayfield recommended is Platina. You have to
search through it a bit, but Platina details what should
be served first, what should be served in the first
course, which dishes should be served with roasted
meats, when eggs should be served, what should be
served in the third course, etc. etc. I'm still looking
for what he thinks should be served in the 2nd course.
I personally think he forgot to put it in the book, cause
I must have read the damn thing 25 times already and
I've not been able to see it. :)

Iasmin de Cordoba, gwalli at ptc.com or iasmin at home.com