SC - Miracle Whip OOP (was Re: Sweet and Savory)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Sep 14 14:32:32 PDT 2000

Oops! I forgot!

Nicholas Sasso wrote:

even comes in 'light' version.

Let's see now... Miracle Whip contains no eggs, and is an emulsion of
oil and various thickening and stablizing agents in a water phase.
Miracle whip "lite" has less oil, and I believe there's actually a
fat-free version too, or an almost fat-free version. I wonder what it
_does_ contain? Why am I inexorably drawn to xanthan or locust bean gum,
water, flavorings, colorings, and detergents? [Note that  detergent is
used here as a piece of chemist's terminology that has nothing to do
with laundry of dishwashing, and is usually used as a foaming agent.]

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com