SC - jerky documentation?

Wajdi wajdi at home.com
Fri Sep 15 11:00:35 PDT 2000

Pure speculation on my part, but has any consideration been given
to the idea that dried meat products may be found in early
Spanish or Arab writings?  Seems to me as if those areas would
have had sufficient sun to dry meat.  Also, there was a technique
that was taught in survival school about smoke-drying meat, using
a small fire and a small tent over the fire, with the meat racked
inside the tent but away from flame.  And is there anyone on the
list that share's my fondness for dried spiced squid?

wajdi