OOP: Mayo vs. MW (was Re: Southern Sweet Tooths (was Re: SC - Miracle Whip OOP (was Re: Sweet and Savory)))

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Sep 18 03:44:35 PDT 2000

Catherine Deville wrote:

> I've only tried homemade once... it failed to emulsify so I gave up ;-)

Ah, a common enough problem until you get the hang of it. In cooking
schools they pretty well chain you to your whip and don't let you leave
until you get it right, thereby causing a wide spectrum of psychological
traumas. Or, to put it another way, if you aren't lucky the first time
(giving you experience not only with properly-made mayonnaise, but with
the proper look and texture of the ingredients as they blend) it can
take three or four attempts before you get it right consistently, so I
can understand your lack of interest in trying again.

I find the little cup with the pinhole in it, that comes with Cuisinarts
(um, do Cuisinarts still come with a white plastic cup for dripping oil
into sauces?) makes the process almost completely foolproof. Oh, you
need the Cuisinart, too, if you're doing it that way ;  ) .

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com