SC - food bashing

Karen tyrca at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 00:02:08 PDT 2000

Our illustrious Adamantius said:

It boggles the mind to think such a product could be called
bland in comparison to Kraft's Miracle Bathtub Caulking. Still
not as good as homemade, mind you, but definitely a step in the
right direction.

Adamantius
- - --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com
<<<<<<<<

Well, well, well,  It is a good thing we usually confine
ourselves to the kitchen, if we ever stumbled into the minefield
of politics or religion, the fur would certainly fly.

I am tired of the Miracle Whip bashing!  I have heard your
opinions on a couple of iterations (and I am not specifically
pointing at you, Adamantius, there are others of you out there,
and you know who you are!)

I happen to like Miracle Whip.  Probably because it is all my
mother bought during my childhood, and now, it is the only thing
that makes tuna sandwiches, or egg salad taste "right".

I never tasted Mayonaise until I was an adult, and could buy my
own food (at least I thought I was an adult in college, after
all, they let me vote.  Now I have a different opinion . . .)
I find that I dearly love Mayonaise, but on certain things.  It
still doesn't cut it on the things I want Miracle Whip for.

And I know some of you will feel a little queezy at the
following, so hold on tight, or jump over this part of the
message and go get a cup of tea.  But I have discovered that one
of my really indulgent breakfasts is this:

First I sweat about 1/4 cup of chopped onion in a small frying
pan with a touch of oil.  When the onions are soft, and
translucent, I crack in 2 eggs and scramble them very moistly,
and just at the finish, add a handful of shredded cheddar
cheese, so that it melts, and incorporates.

When I serve it, I put along side it some guava paste and a
little Miracle Whip as a sauce.  (you know, a spoonful at the
side, so that when I get a bite of eggs, I can get a touch of
the dressing.) When I was in Brazil, I used banana paste, but I
haven't been able to find it here in the states (alas, it is my
favorite!)

I sit in sybaritic pleasure with my plate in my lap, snuggled on
my bed with my favorite video in the player, and a good book to
read during the slow parts.  It was almost enough to keep me
single.  I enjoy it that much.

So lay off Miracle Whip.  There are things that I like about it,
and I don't say a word about some of the weird things some of
you people eat!

There.  I think I need a scrambled egg right about now.  (ps,
this is also a comment about the savory/sweet discussion.  Eggs
and fruit paste or jam.  My mother always spread raspberry jam
on her grilled cheese or toasted tuna sandwich.  So I grew up
twisted.)

Now back to your regularly schedualed SCA cooking channel!

Tyrca

=====
Lady Tyrca Ivarsdottir
- -"Honesty is Everything"
AoA, OPN, ASTA, oleander
Barony of Elfsea (Life is Good in Elfsea!)
(all sorts of places in and around Ft. Worth, TX)
Kingdom of Ansteorra