non-member submission - Re: SC - rare foods at feasts-rant

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Fri Sep 22 08:58:43 PDT 2000

"Catherine Deville" <catdeville at mindspring.com> writes:
>things have changed so that feast fees being seperate is the norm, then

>that sounds like a good thing as it gives people choice.  Is that the
case
>in most kingdoms now?  Is it a kingdom by kingdom thing or an event by
>event thing?

I cannot recall an even that i've attended in the past 10 years where
there wasn't an option to go off board.  This is not to say that there
were not any, just that i cannot remember any.

I've been to "potluck" events where there was only one fee... but then
the feast was provided by the attendees. but i don't think that counts.

It's general practice in the pittsburgh area at least (Barony Marche
of the Debatable Lands) to provide both off and on board space (and
sometimes out board... where people are not provided table space at
all)

The norm for lunch appears to be that it's included with the feast,
though i have seen a "pay if you want it" lunch.

In Service,
Filip of the Marche

ps did anyone see my yogurt posting from yesterday? i've not seen it
come through.  This might be that we have the list going to a local
bboard, and my address is not subscribed.