SC - Field Ovens

Jim Revells sudnserv5 at netway.com
Fri Sep 22 13:12:34 PDT 2000

    I just had a stroke of luck on getting a Smoker Grill to use as a field
oven at the Carolingian Baronial Archery event.  I plan to use it as an oven
instead of as a smoker.  When I went to the local Walmart I had to ask if
they had one because they were doing their change of Season clearence &
there were none on display.  It turned out they had 2 so I got one & when
the price was checked it was not the $250 I expected but $75-so I bought
both of them!  Along with a 2 burner propane "fish cooker" from Sam's I now
have the start to a good field kitchen for no kitchen sites.
    I plan on reheating most of the food for the event in the ovens but will
leave one uncooked pie so I can report on how well the ovens work to the
list.
    I would suggest that any one else in the "Snow Belt" check & see if
their local Wally World has simmaler deals.
Hej!
Olaf