SC - Corrupted unreadable text?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Sep 23 13:48:09 PDT 2000

Morgana Abbey wrote:

> Same here, the text transmitted fine.  --And I have a text format only
> e-mail program.
>
> You may have something nasty on your system.
>
> Morgana

Yeah, I got it fine as well. I wonder if there's some kind of MIME
compliancy issue or something like that. I didn't have any trouble with
the original quoted message, supposedly corrputed, unless it was spelled
throatwarbler-mangrove and pronounced luxury yacht. Now I still have
problems with all mail from Dame Alys Katherine  on the Cooks' List
(each message turns into a blank screen after about three-quarters of a
second, so I have that long to read the first couple of lines and decide
if it's necessary to save each message as a text file, then go back and
read it later). I don't remember if this happens with mail directly from
Dame Alys to me. And then there's the occasional message from Cariadoc
which has lines of text running together and overlapping. Other than
that, I haven't experienced such problems with anybody else's mail.

Oh, for the untroubled future where all network and system software will
be subdued under the beneficent thumb of the kind, benevolent and
non-monopolizing Microsoft Corporation, when such individualistic
annoyances will be a thing of the past.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy