Limonia Re: SC - Tredura [Hashed Leeks] in re substituions

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Thu Sep 28 09:30:23 PDT 2000

> Any chance Jadwiga is somehow combining, in her head, the tredura recipe
> and the white porrata recipe some five pages previous in the same book?
> It's a dish of leeks in a white almond-milk sauce.

Nope, I'm combining it with the Lemon Chicken (Limonia), about which I
also had two questions:
a) it says to fry the chicken in fat with onions. Is butter an acceptable
substitute for lard here? (We did it that way because one of our
testers... invited specifically to be 'Mikey' because she has a picky
stomach) isn't much of a fan of pork. (And because I didn't feel like
airing Sarah's kitchen out for hours if I made a mistake with the lard--
I've cooked with lard before, when I was a kid.)

b) The chicken came out with pink around the bones, but everyone said it
was done. I'm not much of a chicken fan (I'll eat it but there's only a
few dishes I usually cook with chicken in, and all of them involve
boneless breast. What did I do wrong?

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"And you, to whom adversity has dealt the final blow
With smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go
Turn to, and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain
And like the Mary Ellen Carter, rise again."