SC - Re: adaptations and such

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Sep 29 19:38:08 PDT 2000

Mordonna22 at aol.com wrote:

> As for the culinary needs of the populace, I'm not sure there is such a thing
> in this context.  Surely if one goes to a medieval recreation, one expects
> medieval food?  Shouldn't it be up to the individual to "protect" himself
> from any allergies or nutritional requirements?  As a diabetic, I know that
> when I attend any public meal, I must expect the meal to not be the perfect
> thing for me to eat, and I make allowances, I either don't eat on-board, or
> only eat what I know is good for me, or I suffer the consequences of eating
> what I know isn't good for me.  It is MY choice, not the cook's.

Gee- that looks like a nice clean definition of an *adult* to me. Asking
the cook about ingredients so you can make an informed decision is a far
cry from asking them to cook to suit you. But then, I'm an honorary Lake
Wobegonian, and don't want to be any trouble to anybody... ;-D

Thank you, Mordonna.

'Lainie