SC - Re: spikenard substitutions

Gaylin iasmin at home.com
Fri Sep 1 13:32:27 PDT 2000

Ras wrote:

>You might try substituting valerian root for the spikenard

Assuming, of course, that you use dried valerian and don't
mind the the overpowering odor of what I like to call "Cheesy
dirty fighter socks from Pennsic. That have been festering.
For months." This is, of course, my opinion. I use the plant
often as a sleep aid because regular drugs have no effect on
me or keep me awake. Your mileage may vary, of course
but I suspect that Ras's other suggestion may be more to your
liking. He wrote:

>My advice would be to try a different recipe that you have the ingredients
>for. :-)

With which I would concur.

Jasmine, Iasmin de Cordoba, gwalli at ptc.com or iasmin at home.com