SC - PAYNE RAGOUN another question....

Etain1263 at aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Sat Sep 9 10:50:24 PDT 2000

<< And whan it hath yboiled a while, take up  a drope therof with thy fyngur
and do it in a litel water, and loke if it  hong togydre;  >>

"When it has boiled a while...take up a drop ON THY FINGER (????) and do it
in a little water and look if it hang together."
  Would this not cause a serious burn?  I'm not really sure..but I haven't
ever stuck my finger into a pot of boiling sugar syrup.  I use a spoon.  (but
verification of the old "cold water test" is cool! 8)

Etain