SC - TI article?

James F. Johnson seumas at mind.net
Sun Sep 10 16:18:07 PDT 2000

Michael Newton wrote:

> Now we're getting into intra-kingdom anthropogoly:
>
> Calontir, esp. the Calontir Army disapproves of households  due to the
> politics of our breaking away from the Mid-Realm. So the Soup Kitchen _is_
> the support group for all the Army in Calontir.
> Households exist, but they hold very little power in deciding things like
> Army tatics.

I'd have to concur about getting into 'entre royaume' anthropology. In
my area, households run from the highly organized, either a collection
of associates agreeing to work together, or a established couple who has
gathered others to them, or a mix of the two. Almost always a domestic
union, so I find it intrigingly odd that a household would have any
influence on Army tactics, aside from one single group I know, the
Hospitallers, which is only a household using the term very loosely.

As I used the term household in the last post, it was a generalization
for primarily the significant other of a fighter, and any others few or
many that lend a hand when the fighter gets involved. A wife and
children. The girlfriends/finances/wife of three fighter friends. A
fighter's sister and non-fighting brother-in-law. Etc.
Strictly a social relationship, with very little political and/or
military influence, unless the fighters are already influential in their
own right (royalty and nobility). I use the same word to refer to
'Lainie and myself, Rotrude, the other two children if they attend, and
Rotrude's friends (collectively, "the Girls"). This household has no
name, either by use or CoH registry. "Montgris" might be appropriate,
but technically, that would exclude me, going on persona.  _Organized_
is not the first word to come to mind when describing the Worm Herd.
['Lainie, stop snorting, it's unladylike...:) ]

Seumas
- --
Roi ne suis prince, ni duc, ni comte aussi; je suis sire de
Bruyerecourt.