SC - Hot weather meals

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Sep 11 22:33:31 PDT 2000

Gunthar said:
> The feast for this event didn't appeal to me at all. Basically sausages,
> eggs, various cold pies, etc... I got the feast as part of my duties as
> Champion but really would have rather to have gone to town and eaten at
> a restaurant.
>
> But I reluctantly attended the feast. It was wonderful. The cook had worked hard
> to research recipes and did an admirable job. The cold pies were wonderful, a
> white tart and doucettes and a spinach pie. Everything was tasty and perfect for
> the hot weather.

Gunthar, do you think you could get her to write up her menu and possibly
the recipes she used and what worked good and what she would do differently
the next time? I'd love to have it for the FEAST section of the Florilegium.

> The object of this lesson is that if the fighters are presented with,
>say a nice pork pie, they will eat it and like it. One of the energy
>foods that I always bring and I usually run out of is dried apricots.

I hope some of the other messages here on feeding fighters on the food
will cover this more completely (only *3* more digests to go tonight).

However, I'd love to see menus or menu item suggestions on what you
would serve for a feast in hot weather. Years ago I was served a
feast of cold cuts, droopy cheese and similar items at a hot weather
feast in Ansteorra and was not very pleased with it. I've love to
have some ideas that someone needing to organise such a feast could
use as a starting point. Although with this TI article discussion
going on, I'm afraid this topic is going to get buried. :-(

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net