SC - TI Article - Support Kitchen

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Sep 12 13:41:54 PDT 2000

- --------------AE0CC536CFC12D4325754A9E

Ooops!  I realize now that what I've sent is a recipe where all of the
quantities except for the meat!!! are for feeding 120 people.  So, if
you multiply 1 1/2 # by 15, the numbers should make more sense.

What I'll do is try to find the original and type it in in the next day
or so.

Sorry about that!!!!!

Kiri

Susan Browning wrote:

>  Um, 11 gallons of liquid for 1 1/2 pounds of meat?  Am I reading this
> wrong?Eleanor

day or so.
Message-----</font></font>
2000 6:04 AM</font></font>
- - Support Kitchen</font></font>

you post the recipe for those without access to Dining please?</span><span

everyone had.  Here goes:
up tightly in the cheesecloth and tie it as you would a roast, then make
knot in the cheesecloth at each end.
with a tight-fitting lid and bring to a boil.  Add the pork roll,
lower the heat to simmer, and cook, covered, until a fork will easily penetrate
the meat-2 - 2 &frac12; hours.  Remove the meat form the cooking broth
and put it into a glass or stainless steel bowl.  Pour the second
cup of wine over it, add the herbs from the cooking broth, and as much
of the broth as is needed to completely cover the roll.  Cover the
bowl with a plastic bowl cover, set aside until cold, then refrigerate.
To serve, remove the cheesecloth covering and slice the meat about &frac14;