SC - Bridge Champions Dayboard

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Sep 12 17:02:28 PDT 2000

At 10:13 PM -0400 9/11/00, Richard Kappler wrote:

>Righty-O!  The following is not the menu, but rather the list of stuff I'm
test cooking this week and weekend from which I will select probably about
50% for use in the actual dayboard...
[snip a lot of the menu]

>_Platina_
Canisiones ~

>_Al Baghdadi_
>Khushkananaj ~
>
>regards, Puck

The canisiones and the khushkananaj are very similar recipes--I
assume you are thinking of them as alternatives. (For those who don't
know them, both are pastries with a sugar/rosewater/almond filling.)
The chief difference is that the dough for the canisiones has no fat,
while that for the khushkananaj has a fair amount of oil, amount
specified in the original recipe. We have found that khushkananaj
keeps quite well, while canisiones are great when first made but
become stale fast--they are noticably dry by the next day.

Elizabeth/Betty Cook