SC - fish (OP)

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Sep 13 04:39:31 PDT 2000

I don't have any period Japanese recipes (yet!! she said hopefully), but do have
a small amount of information on what types of food were eaten in Japan.  While
I cannot document what you describe, I do know that whole fish were grilled (not
fried...frying came to Japan fairly late...one of the earliest examples being
the Portuguese tempura) and served on rice.  I have no information on Vietnamese
or southeast Asian period foods.

Kiri